Saturday, March 28, 2009

The New City

Reading through Revelation 21:10-27 this morning made me feel insignificant. The small glimpse of the New Jerusalem revealed to John by the Lord is mind boggling. If you study these verses and see how huge and utterly rich this city is, you feel so small. Verse 27 reads that nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Who am I that I should be aloud to enter such a city as this. A city that God Himself dwells. Just a room "tabernacle of God...with men" in His lavish mansion. Our Lord has made so many precious promises toward us. In Revelation 3:21, "He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." see also 1 Peter 4:13-14; 2 Timothy 2:12. Then I see in Revelation 3:5,12 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God...and I will write upon him My new name."

Another favorite of mine is read in Matthew 10:22. "And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

I realize how spiritually bankrupt I am before God without Christ. I have nothing to offer God but my life as an offering to enter such a city.

2 comments:

mike said...

Note to self,

The Macedonians, who were in deep poverty, gave with liberty. But they first gave themselves to the Lord.

God the Creator of the universe does not need anything from us. He doesn't want a tip. He wants us!

von said...

AMEN!!!!