Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stay In The Word

I can see how important it is to read my Bible. Not because I'm so00 good. But because I see how bad I still am. I as a Christian am not exempt from the burdens of the sinful nature. There is nothing good in me except Christ Himself. Throughout the Bible it says how mans heart is evil. I need to be filled with God's Word so I can put it to use the way it was meant to be.

Here are a couple verses I could of used to have memorized these last few days. Also, I think I need something to help me vent from time to time. Any ideas? I'm open to advise. What do you do to keep from fouling up? Perhaps a punching bag, or chopping wood, or going for a run. I'm open to suggestions as long as it doesn't involve turning my furniture into a pile of fire wood. I'm running out of furniture. =)

I will bridle my anger, trash my wrath, cool my pipes-it only makes things worse. (Psalm 37:8){The Message}

I follow the example of the Lord, who is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness. (Psalm 103:8)

I am slow to anger and have great understanding; I am not like he who is hasty of spirit, exposing and exalting his folly. (Proverbs 14:29)

I speak soft answers that turn away wrath, not grievous words that stir up anger. (Proverbs 15:1)

I am not quick in spirit to be angry or vexed, for anger and vexation lodge in the bosom of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)

Proverbs 15:18

Proverbs 19:11

Ephesians 4:26

Colossians 3:8 (GNT)

James 1:19-20(TLB)

No comments: