Saturday, September 5, 2009

He is Good

I have been overwhelmed by the many things that I have to accomplish in this life. At my age I would say I'm a tad behind. I think of getting several months of finances stored up. I always seem to take a hit which deplenishes it, which in return puts another hold on starting a good retirement plan. Then again, the market doesn't seem to trustworthy and most people say we have only seen the beginning of it. I have insurance to think about. Health insurance has gone up again and with so many other payments it seems impossible to ever get ahead. Then there are relationships to build, health to maintain along with fitness (which never seems to happen). I think of raising a family some day too.

This all seems to overwhelm me when I look at the big picture. But when I look at even the bigger picture I see how small my part in the universe really is. God has everything in control from the rising and setting of the sun, to keeping the earth on its axis. Everything works out without our effort. This morning I was comforted by this passage in the Bible.

"He who did not withhold or spare
[even] His own Son but gave Him up
for us all, will He not also with Him
freely and graciously give us all
[other] things?" (Romans 8:32)

No comments: