Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post Of The Year

I did it. I finally read through the Bible in a year. This was one of my goals for 2009. One of few goals I accomplished. I cannot explain the feeling, but it's good. I've already set another goal for next year. This year I read the New American Standard straight through. Next year I will take a different attempt. My reading will jump around a bit but still will finish the whole Bible in one year. I was thinking of tackling the Amplified Bible. Besides just reading I will be working on my prayer life as well. My system you may ask is this.

scripture
observation
application
prayer

This will be accompanied by journaling everyday. I hope to see some growth from this new discipline. My pastor says we need a plan for our spiritual growth and this plan must include filling ourselves with God's Word.

No comments: