Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Who Are You Reflecting?

It's almost Christmas day, I have many things going on, and I'm working Christmas Eve. I've been swirling with thoughts and no time to blog. I've had some things on my heart that I want to share. I figured now would be best considering all the traveling and family time coming up shortly.

Getting to the point, I've been feeling compassion for those individuals who claim to follow Christ but their lives don't show it. What they do behind closed doors is nothing more than SIN. My heart goes out to these individuals who serve in churches and then undermine the Word of God which we are to live by. What gets me is other people telling me what awesome Christian people they are and all I hear are four letter words. I see them drinking alcohol like its going out of style and hear of movies they watch that most pagans wouldn't even watch.

Let me back track a little here and say that I am not near the perfect Christian man I would like to be. Sometimes I have horrible thoughts. Sometimes I say horrible things. I bless God one minute then turn around and curse man the next. Just like Paul mentions in Romans about waging war with the flesh, I find myself doing the very things I hate. But I can assuredly tell you that Jesus Christ knows those that truly try to conquer the sinful nature in His power. His eyes are on the ones who aren't just hearers of His Word but doers.

The type of people I encounter are pretty sure they are going to heaven. What I see are people holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power...(2 Tim. 3:5). Another scripture I have been taken to is that of Hebrews 10:26-29 that says...(vs. 26)"For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge to the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,(vs, 27) but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which sill consume the adversaries. (vs. 28)Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. (vs. 29)How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?" I also can go back to the parable of the ten virgins that depicts the churchgoers. Jesus is coming back for His spotless bride but His bride is not ready. Many will be outside the gates crying because they cannot get in. Only people who obey God can enter into heaven. The bride must stop sinning because God's bride is holy.

That should be a scary thing to all people. Like verse 31 says "It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

We the bride need to ready ourselves for His return. When we go out, blood bought children of God, we should be reflecting God. Of course we should be reflecting God behind closed doors as well. Even in hunter safety course we were taught to do what is right even when no one is looking. It's called integrity people, hello. The more time we spend with God, the more He can shape our character to resemble Him.

1 comment:

melody said...

So I noticed that you like to put verses from the bible in your blogs I got a couple for you...

Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus tells us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to discern sins and not by appearances only.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

1Cor. 6:2-3 Do you not know that the saints [the saved; Christians] will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Just wanted to give you something to think about. :)