Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Are You Made Out Of?

I take a look around me and see that everybody is made of something different. Peoples hearts are hard or soft. When you step out into God's light what happens to your heart? Some peoples hearts seem to be made of soft clay but when the light of God shines upon them their hearts harden and they become bitter. Others seem to have hearts of wax. When their hearts are exposed to the light, they melt and become warm filled with love. I really don't know where I am going with this. So I ask you, when you are exposed to God's light what happens to your heart?

I guess I derive this thinking from the book Exodus. In chapter 9 we see the account of Moses and the plagues. Many times Moses went to Pharaoh telling him to let God's people (Israel) go or this or that is going to take place. It says that Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not heed the warnings. Now in verse 12 we see it says "But the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh; and he did not heed them, just as the Lord had spoken to Moses." Many would assume that this scripture means that the Lord Himself hardened Pharaoh's heart. I'm not convinced of this at all. I think as people these days harden their hearts toward the things of God so did Pharaoh in his day. You look at peoples reasoning, they have to have logic to understand everything. People surely don't live by faith these days. I imagine Pharaoh was the same way. Set in his ways but when Moses came trotting in giving him commands from this so called Almighty God his heart was instantly hardened.

Lets be careful to realize when God is trying to tell us something. When something just doesn't seem logical, it just might be God's light upon you. Lets not harden our hearts towards the things of God and be ready to make any changes to our lives as God sees fit.

No comments: